Profit & Loss Responsibility
Budget Development & Management
Scope & Change Management
Mentor & Team Builder
Rampmaster, Incorporated in Miami, FL
Principal (2009 to Present)
- Establish long-term company-wide objectives and work with division heads to create short-term goals for both the marine products division and the material handling equipment division.
- Developed a custom in-house business information application to assist in the daily operation of the business, facilitating sales growth, streamlining custom project management, and improving customer relations by providing faster response times to inquiries.
- Facilitated all aspects of business relocation; coordinated logistics to ensure a smooth transition; renovated production floor plan resulting in a reduction of overhead expenses by 27%.
Vice President & Special Projects Manager (2004 to 2009)
- Worked with IT to design, develop and maintain custom contact management and project management solutions improving access to critical business information and reducing average project life cycle.
- Negotiated contracts for long-term and short-term projects in both the private and public sectors, resulting in four consecutive years of sales growth; conducted periodic audits of active contracts and facilitated interdepartmental cooperation to ensure projects were fulfilled timely and accurately.
- Mediated negotiations between the customer and engineering to produce a design consistent with both the customer’s desires and engineering’s requirements, reducing design approval time by an average of 23%.
Engineering Manager (1999 to 2004)
- Streamlined engineering procedures and modernized engineering and drafting systems company-wide; migrated to a CAD system for 3d virtual prototyping, reducing drafting errors by over 90%.
- Designed and implemented a new vault library system providing electronic access to drawing files and improving average retrieval times of archived files by over 80%.
Masterlift, Incorporated in Miami, FL
Human Resources Manager (1997 to 1999)
- Administered multiple health plans and benefits packages for all employees, strategized with senior management to compose, update and codify company policies.
Operations Manager (1996 to 1997)
- Coordinated the merger of two production facilities; implemented aspects of LEAN manufacturing to increase productivity and improve workflow, providing annual savings of $1M.
- Implemented a new safety program and established a safety committee, reducing workplace accidents and WC expenses by 36%.
Product Manager (1993 to 1996)
- Assisted senior management with acquisition of competitor; seamlessly integrated new product lines acquired from competitor into existing product portfolio.
- Designed, developed and distributed company wide a new product costing application permitting up to the minute cost information for standard products and reducing proposal response times for custom projects by 70%.
FIRST Robotics in Ft Lauderdale, FL
Field Technical Advisor (2019 to Present)
- Provided technical support to students setting up robots for matches; managed technical volunteers, oversaw inspections and provided technical support to teams, referees and scorers.
Team Mentor, St Thomas Aquinas HS (2018 to Present)
- Shared knowledge of project management and product design with students; trained students in CAD software to generate 3d virtual prototypes and 2d shop drawings of their designs.
- Shared knowledge of data collection and data analysis with students; assisted in development of custom scouting application for use in competitive events.
- Motivated, engaged and inspired students in science and technology while promoting principles of Coopertition and Gracious Professionalism.
Miami Shores Village in Miami Shores, FL
Vice Mayor & Council Member (2007 to 2015)
- Represented the community in meetings with members of the Florida legislature to promote the benefits of Home Rule and the need to support the local charter school as a viable alternative for the educational needs of the residents in the community.
- Served on the General Employee and Police Pension Boards, vetted and hired a new fund manager, oversaw the administration of $23M pension funds, and established benefit levels for plan members.
- Worked closely with department heads and established a $22M comprehensive budget for the village that preserves 100% of previous year services while saving the village $700,000.
- Worked with village staff to modify Code Enforcement procedures, improving efficiency, maintaining quality of service to the community and substantially reducing resident complaints.
Vanderbilt University, Owen Graduate School of Management in Nashville, TN
Master of Business Administration 1993
Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics 1991