Creating Strategic Vision
Mentor & Team Builder
Profit & Loss Responsibility
Rampmaster, Incorporated in Miami, FL
President (2009 to Present)
- Establish long-term company-wide objectives and work with division heads to create short-term goals for both the marine products division and the material handling equipment division.
- Manage daily operations of the business, emphasizing sales growth, efficient design, quality production, timely distribution and customer satisfaction.
- Implemented quality improvement programs increasing business intelligence, improving efficiency, and reducing waste; developed technological solutions to increase flexibility and efficiency of workforce; replaced accounting system and streamlined budgets for all departments.
- Facilitated all aspects of business relocation; coordinated logistics to ensure a smooth transition; renovated production floor plan resulting in a reduction of overhead expenses by 27%.
Vice President & Special Projects Manager (2004 to 2009)
- Responsible for completing multiple projects for overall improvement of business operations.
- Negotiated contracts for long-term and short-term projects in both the private and public sectors, resulting in four consecutive years of sales growth; conducted periodic audits of active contracts and facilitated interdepartmental cooperation to ensure projects were fulfilled timely and accurately.
- Worked with IT to design, develop and maintain custom contact management and project management solutions.
- Mediated negotiations between the customer and engineering to produce a design consistent with both the customer’s desires and engineering’s requirements, reducing design approval time by an average of 23%.
Engineering Manager (1999 to 2004)
- Streamlined engineering procedures and modernized engineering and drafting systems company-wide, including new 3d virtual prototyping procedures, reducing drafting errors by 90%.
- Designed and implemented a new vault library system providing electronic access to drawing files and improving average retrieval times of archived files by 80%.
Masterlift, Incorporated in Miami, FL
Human Resources Manager (1997 to 1999)
- Composed new employee handbook with company policies, benefits and safety information; strategized with senior management to compose, update and codify company policies.
- Administered multiple health plans and benefits packages for all employees; worked closely with insurance professionals to maximize benefits while reducing costs; organized annual meetings to review policy changes with employees.
Operations Manager (1996 to 1997)
- Responsible for daily operations and production of custom marine products, such as gangways and vessel access systems and standard material handling products such as ramps, boards and dollies; coordinated logistics to ensure raw materials were available when needed for production.
- Coordinated the merger of two production facilities; implemented aspects of LEAN manufacturing to increase productivity and improve workflow, providing annual savings of $1M.
- Implemented a new safety program and established a safety committee, reducing workplace accidents and WC expenses by 36%.
Product Manager (1993 to 1996)
- Assisted senior management with acquisition of competitor; seamlessly integrated new product lines acquired from competitor into existing product portfolio.
- Created and distributed new marketing materials for new and existing product portfolio; created new and informative website; attended trade shows and conventions.
- Designed new product costing software permitting up to the minute cost information for standard products and reducing proposal response times for custom projects by 70%.
Miami Shores Village in Miami Shores, FL
Council Member & Vice Mayor (2007 to 2015)
- Represented the community in meetings with members of the Florida legislature to promote the benefits of Home Rule and the need to support the local charter school as a viable alternative for the educational needs of the residents in the community.
- Served on the General Employee and Police Pension Boards, vetted and hired a new fund manager, oversaw the administration of $23M pension funds, and established benefit levels for plan members.
- Worked closely with department heads and established a $22M comprehensive budget for the village that preserves 100% of previous year services while saving the village $700,000.
- Worked with village staff to modify Code Enforcement procedures, improving efficiency, maintaining quality of service to the community and substantially reducing resident complaints.
Vanderbilt University, Owen Graduate School of Management in Nashville, TN
Master of Business Administration 1993
Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics 1991